Does your child love to build and construct fascinating towers and structures? Then they will love our TickiT® Colour Crystal Block set consisting of a selection of polished translucent colour acrylic blocks. The blocks have smooth and tactile surfaces designed to enable children to build patterns, sequences and structures as well as promoting key areas of development:
- Create regular polygons to help with mathematical language and the understanding of shapes and forms (square, triangle, oblong, circle, ellipse).
- Create irregular shapes to enable more complex structures to be made and to encourage a diversity of vocabulary such as wave, zigzag, arch, bridge, etc.
- Coloured and clear blocks included so children can see the world in a varied hue, overlay them to mix new colour combinations and use them on a light panel.
- Plane mirror for children to build patterns and see the effects of reflective symmetry and angles.
- Inspiring work cards with simple ideas and more complex challenges. There are pictures to copy in 2D or 3D, shape sequences to solve and ideas for reflective symmetry work.
- Activity guide including background information, suggested activities to try, questions to ask the children and extension ideas.
Practical Pre-School Awards 2016
"Lovely, bright, translucent colours that were immediately appealing and awesome on the light box! Tactile shapes and the addition of the mirror extended the learning and play value."
Set includes: 25 colour and clear acrylic blocks, 15 A4 work cards, 1 acrylic plane mirror and an activity guide, stored in a robust box with foam inserts to protect the blocks.
Size: Arch block H 8cm x W 7.5cm x D 2cm. Mirror 16cm x 32cm.
Age: Not suitable for children under 3 years old.
Warning: Choking hazard. Contains small parts.
Product Code: 72606